• Bracket positioning for a variety of common situations
• Simple and clear arch-wire progressions
• Efficient, effective and simplified arch wire tie-in techniques (ligation, low friction and “self-ligation”) to help avoid unwanted treatment responses while decreasing treatment times
• When, why and how to use alastiks vs. steel ligatures
• Rotations: simple and creative techniques
• When and why to use round or rectangular wires
• Angle of wire entry and Newton’s Third Law: demystifying hidden vertical treatment effects
• Essential differences when treating in the mixed vs. permanent dentition
• Clarification through the use of “hands-on” demonstrations
4 Hours ADA CERP CE Credit - Note to the viewer*
I’m certain that you’ll enjoy this presentation, learn a great deal of clinical information and, prior to completing the on-line quiz, prefer to view the presentation more than once. Therefore, 4 hours of credit are allowed. Please note that in order to be awarded official credit hours completion and submission of the on-line quiz is required.
*Gerald S. Samson, DDS
Diplomat of The American Board of Orthodontics (ABO)
Fellow of The Amercian College of Dentists (FACD)
Described as an educational entertainer, Gerry Samson completed pediatric dental residency at Emory University in 1979 under the direction of Dr. Ed Hibbard and orthodontics at Northwestern University in 1981 under the direction of Dr. Hal Perry. Since 1981, Gerry has been in private orthodontic practice and is a Diplomat of The American Board of Orthodontics and a Fellow of The American College of Dentists. In addition to orthodontic private practice, Dr. Samson is an Adjunct Professor at The University of Texas at San Antonio, Associate Professor at The University of Alabama at Birmingham, at Case Western University Department of Orthodontics, and at St. Louis University Department of Orthodontics. He is visiting lecturer for orthodontic post-graduate programs at 8 universities in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, China and through out Southeast Asia. In addition, Gerry reviews orthodontic mechanics articles submitted for publication to The Angle Orthodontist. His zany, brainy and engaging methods have made him one of today’s most popular educators. On-line subscribers are certain to enjoy a unique educational, clinical experience that is exceptionally useful and motivating.
*(g)nathos inc is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider